Sunday, March 05, 2006

My Haunted Car

Please explain this.

The other day I was driving to a friend's place when I noticed that the passenger side door and the rear door were unlocked. This was a little surprising, since I'm usually only driving myself (no passengers), and the last time I had driven was the previous day - and I always make sure all the doors are locked at night.

Well, I dismissed it (putting aside thoughts of the 'DustMan'), but made a mental note to lock the doors when I reached my destination. When I have other people in the car, I'm always conscious to check that the doors are locked, but when I'm on my own I obviously only have to worry about my own door.

I forgot about it for the rest of the drive, but luckily remembered it when I pulled into my friend's driveway (I have a tendency to make a mental note of things and then bury the note under random thoughts of blogs, edibles, seat grooving, and the teenagers in the car next to me curiously and musinglied watching me seat groove to "Stayin' Alive" complete with movements reminiscent of "Saturday Night Fever").

Well, I looked over, prepared to reach over to lock the door, AND IT WAS ALREADY LOCKED!!! And the rear door, too.

WTF???? Now I was a little more on the "freaked-out" side of "surprised".

I recovered fairly quickly, and went on to dinner with friends, but it was so unusual, it's still on my mind. So, of course, I'm blogging about it.

Can anyone explain this phenomenon, and has anything similar ever happened to you?

Captain with the Ghosty-Doors. ooooooooh... oooohooooooohoooooh...

14 comments:

Katherine said...

ooh, I like when that kind of stuff happens. I like to think it's a "sign". Maybe someone wanted to remind you to be careful in the future. Or, maybe you're just losing your mind, LOL. :)

Rex Ferric said...

I don't know fer sure 'bout all that, but I've long voiced the suspicion that the reason why the thermostat in our house keeps getting reset to greenhouse levels is because my deceased sister is playing with us...

Tom said...

Do you have central locking?

Sorry to look for the easy explanation and all...

Ang said...

Well, as far as I know, no one has ever died in the car.

Tom: that explanation would work... but I have no central locking. I have something many decades before central locking.

dd said...

Creepy.. Maybe your eyes were playing tricks on you the first time.. Or maybe ugh.. I don't know. Creepy.

debambam said...

Reminds me of our car. The dashboard lights are constantly changing from bright down to the dimmest. The car used to belong to my fiancees pop, and you guessed it - he liked the d'board lights dimmed......

Fernby said...

Relax. It's one of your other personalities protecting you. See, easy to explain.

Queen of the Squirrels said...

As long as they're not doing it with screwdrivers...

Ang said...

Em & Rodney (aka fernby):: Ok, I guess now I better explain those comments things to my other readers?

Zombie_Flyboy said...

Sell the car immediately.

;)

...jus me said...

Are you sure you were fully "awake" when you got in the car? lol

Ang said...

zombie: I am selling the car when I go to Korea. Should I tell potential owners about the ghost?

...jus me: I was awake, but as fernby (a good friend) pointed out, it may have been one of my alternate personalities (but that's kind of an inside joke).

Rob In China said...

Um....

That's pretty weird. Are you sure you mind wasn't playing tricks on you??

Was this the first time something weird happened to that specific car or any other cars you have driven?

Was it one of those automatic locking things or one which you have to physically push.

It it is of a supernatural nature, I don't think it's too back that the car was locking itself. Probably was just trying to protect you :)

Ang said...

Rob: well, my mind playing tricks is always a possibility, but I was so shocked to see the doors unlocked, I looked at them about 8 times to quadruple double check. The locks are most definitely the kind you have to push.
And if I do have ghosts in my car, I'd much prefer them to lock the car rather than unlock it (but they may have been the ones to unlock it in the first place - who knows), just as long as they let me in and out when I want.