Sunday, December 25, 2005

I'd Say "Geek" in Korean and Japanese If My Computer Had The Characters (and if I knew what the words were)

Well, here I am in Osaka Airport. Drinking a Starbucks Grande Caramel Frappuccino, listening to some great music (iTunes through headphones - and resisting the prevailing urge to start singing along), and being very pleased with Mac's ability to automatically detect and connect to any available wireless internet network.

I went to a jjimjilbang (a Korean bath house/hot rooms) last night, and stayed till 2am this morning. The dorms were freezing when i got back, and I was worried about sleeping in, so I didn't sleep well. I ended up sleeping through all three of the alarms I had set (2 on the computer and my alarm clock), but luckily woke up at 6:44 (44 mins after I had the alarms set for).
Had a shower, washed my hair, got dressed, finished last minute packing, and went looking for one of the guys in another part of the dorms who had promised to help me take my bags out to the main gate to get a taxi.

Although I had worried that I would be late, I arrived at the airport in plenty of time, thanks to the taxi driver who gave me my last Korean "cultural experience" by dodging through the (fairly light) traffic, going 140 in an 80's zone.

I left Korea at 12:10pm. Arrived Osaka 1:35.

So now I'm just killing time till my plane to Syd boards at 9:00.

There was a cute guy sitting at a computer a few meters away, but he left. :P


At some point I'll have to find a power point that takes Australian or European plugs. I only have 3 hours of battery left.

Well, I'll post this now, but I'm sure I'll write more later on. If the cute guy (or any other cute guy) comes back into the picture, I'll let you know :D

Captain Chopsticks, feeling like quiet the yuppy geek with a cool laptop, wireless internet and a good view out the massive widows of an international airport

1 comment:

Nahuatl said...

Have a nice journey! :)

Merry Christmas!