Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Countdown Counters From... China?

I couldn't find a good countdown counter that actually counts down the seconds accurately. You'd think if you were writing a script for a counter that counts down to the seconds, then you would allow the user to actually put in the time the event occurs. You'd also think that the writer would allow for different time zones. But no. With the one above, it lets you put in the date, but I think it defaults to American time, so the counter is actually off by about 7 hours.

At the time of writing this post, I actually have 5 days, 1 hour, 24 minutes and 10 seconds left before my plane is due to take off. The counter reads 4d, 13h, 22m, 29s.

The top one (from TickerFactory) must have been bought on the black market in China (sorry - inside joke) becuase it does not keep time very well. With this one, you can actually set it to the hour (ie: it does allow for different time zones), but it does not keep time very well. That's why it keeps changing. I keep having to go back and re-set the time to reset the code to the right time.

Anyway, there is a lot happening. I'm tired, I'm stressed, I'm emotional. The stress of thinking about my future and having to make decisions about a full-time job in Korea or Australia, saying goodbye to people as though I may never see them again but at the same time there is the possibility that I will see them in a few months, thinking about seeing friends and family in Aust again, and at the same time thinking that I will be leaving them again for a year, and all the anger and depression from the shit I've put up with from my roommates has finally caught up to me. And all this is hitting me at once.

I'll write more when I'm slightly more emotionally stable and am thinking clearly about life and the future.

Captain Chopsticks, who is on an emotional rollercoaster and sometimes feel like screaming, but other times bursts into tears for no immediate reason.

1 comment:

Nahuatl said...

Boo hooo hoooo.. {sob} {sniff}..

So.. you leaving Korea for Kangaroos?