Thursday, December 08, 2005

Adjectives, cont...

Z: zzzz-depriving.


I have no idea how many times I went through my 'sleep mix' on iTunes last night. My roommates were up intil 3:20am. If you read my previous post, you will know that I can't get to sleep if there is too much light (I don't know why. I think I actually 'feel' the light). I doze, but try replacing a chunk of a possible 7 1/2-hour sleep with 5 hours of dozing and see how well you do.

So, I dozed, got extremely aggitated when I emerged from this inadequate form of rest and the light was still on at 3am, buried my head under my pillow (to block out the light as well as their talking, which I could hear over the music in my headphones), passed out for a few seconds from the lack of oxygen under my pillow, rejoyced silently when the light was turned off and they went to bed, continued listening to my music, ever-so-briefly woke from a 'deeper-than-a-doze' sleep when the battery on my laptop ran out (at 5am), causing the music to cease, and I took off the headphones, and fell back into a nice sleep.
Was woken at 7 (as usual) this morning by them getting ready. Blow drying their hair, slurping on their coffee, chatting, slamming the door as they come back from the shower, banging about in general, etc, etc, etc.

NOT HAPPY, JAN!!!

Captain Chopsticks, tired.

(17 sleeps to go till I get out of this 4x6 metre cell I share with three others).

No comments: