Sunday, November 27, 2005

When God Throws a Curve Ball

Good morning to you all at the beginning of this new week. First of all, thank you to all the readers (new and old) who have tuned in to SP since Friday and (cue sarcastic voice)didn't comment!!!!! and a non-sarcastic thankyou to Greg.
In our last episode we left our heroine, Captain Chopsticks, on the verge of a career move. Let's see what happened at that meeting with Job A.....



Less than 24 hours after I wrote the previous post and less than 24 hours before the meeting on Saturday, the contact from the school of Job A, whom I have been in contact with for the last month, emailed me to tell me
Our two canadian teacher's going back to canada 21th of December. so we need New teachers as soon as possible.
I really want to work with you but It's impossible to work with you.
Thank you for your interest.
And I inform to cancel about Saterday meeting.
Have a great time during staying in korea.
Thanks and Take care.

Now, as I've said, I knew that they needed teachers from December, and we were supposed to be discussing my starting work there earlier than first planned during our meeting. I guess they decided it was too much trouble to work that out (and yes, it probably was. But still... They'd know for a month that I wouldn't likely start until Feb 10).

I did call them to confirm that the meeting was, in actual fact, cancelled (and yes, it was).

After I hung up the phone and it sunk in that this door had most definitely closed, I actually didn't feel that bad. Kind of dissapointed, yes. Anxious and at a loss of what to do? Not particularly.
I went back to my room, thanked God that my roommates were out, and watched "Robin Hood, Prince of Theives" on my laptop (it took about 3/4 of the movie before I stopped expecting lines from "Men in Tights", although I have to admit: I did fill them in myself on occasion).

Moving on....
Among many other interesting and 'coincidental' circumstances surrounding this fiasco, the topic of the sermon at church today was Phillippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Other passages it linked to: 1 Peter 5:7; Matthew 6:25-34.

Once again, thank you for tuning in, and come back again for the next episode of SP and Captain Chopsticks, whose dilema of "do I take this job, or do I wait for another to arise" has essentially been answered, to be replaced by another: "o.k. now what?"


8 comments:

Green Lantern said...

Oh, raspberries. How annoying. There were other words that could have come to mind, but they can stay between me & Him. Well, it kind of solves part of the problem, but not in the best way. But, we must move and persevere. And if we do that, then we show how great we truly are, and then all things will eventually fall into place. God's got your back. He'll show the right way to go. Still praying, though. Never hurts.

Queen of the Squirrels said...

Hey Dearie,

Sorry I didn't get to comment earlier, I've only just gotten back online. I would prefer if you were here for the wedding (considering you're a bridesmaid and all), but if you can't make it I'll ask lochy to be an attendant. I'm sure he'd love it.

I realise what a big opportunity working in Korea would be for you, and that it's not likely to be something that is offered again, so my vote is for taking a job. I'd really miss you, but it's not like you'd never come back and see us. If you did that we'd hunt you down and kill you.

We love you, Ang; all of us do. Whatever you decide, we'll support you and post you chocolate under false customs declarations.

Green Lantern said...

Mmmm, illegally smuggled chocolate.

Ang said...

GL: I'm walking a fine line between knowing God's got my back, and trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. yes: am still praying, too. ta.

Em: My criteria all along for getting a job here next year is contigent on being there for the wedding. I'm not going to change it now.

And if/when I do come back next year, half my suitcase is going to be filled with chocolate. (Just like on my way back to Aust, half my suitcase is going to be filled with Panda Bikkies), but smuggling it will save on suitcase space :)

Queen of the Squirrels said...

I really wanted to see Lochy in a dress! 'twould have been most amusing :)

Never fear, I'm quite willing to illegally export chocolate for you.

Fernby said...

Lochy in a dress.......hmm, more disturbing....... CHOCOLATE IS ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!

i dont know what the world is coming to......

Green Lantern said...

Mmm, cross-dressing Cupits....

No, wait! That's bad! THAT'S VERY, VERY BAD! COME HOME, ANG!

Ang said...

I agree Greg: I will save you all by returning!! :)
It's not really the chocolate that is illegal. Just that the customs people seem to like it a lot.