Thursday, July 28, 2005

7am

I was woken up by a dream in which I went to Korea and came back without any photos. It was a weird dream, because people were there who really shouldn't have been (lots of high school friends). I also went back 'home' to my folks in the village (I think my brain thinks I must be going on a high school retreat).
Instead of being happy for me to have returned, and excited about what I had to say about the trip, people tried to make me feel bad that I had forgotten photos, and they succeeded; even though I tried valiantly to be happy for myself and what I had experienced, I became depressed and regretful.
Now, what is that dream supposed to mean? (Well, for one thing, it means that I'll remember to buy a digital camera first thing.) But other than that.... Who knows. It's probably my subconcious telling me to start making my lists or it will give me more dreams that wake me up before 7am.

O.k... O.k... so it's not that early. But I love my sleep. And I could have slept in this morning.... **sigh**
Anyway, I am getting excited about Korea. I was a little apprehensive about going, but I plan on getting my head together a little more than it has been lately. I don't know if you have noticed, but I luurve to get out of the city. Even though Busan is not exactly a little one-horse town, it is somewhere different. Lately I've been feeling like I need to take a break from this life I have somehow dug out for myself in Adelaide. I have not been feeling like 'myself'; I've been feeling like I don't have a grip on my life; on reality. I need to do something new and different, and away from Adelaide, even though I will, of course, miss my friends here.

later,

A

No comments: