Thursday, June 23, 2005

THE Freakiest Psycho-Thriller

I went to a friend's place last night to watch a movie. Didn't know what it would be, except I told him (when I got there) that it couldn't be a psycho-Thriller/Horror. HA! It was 'Saw' (see also here). I watched, heart pounding and eyes half-covered (not fully covered, because the sound by itself was too scary) for about 15 minutes. Then I had to go to the loo. I knew I could not watch any more of the movie when it was DARK in the passage, and the bathroom light flickered and I think my heart actually missed a beat.
When I went back into the lounge, I told my beanbag mate that I couldn't take anymore. She agreed that she couldn't either, so we left.
I have to say that this is the first movie I have EVER walked out on. But, boy, am I glad I did. I wouldn't call myself a Thriller fan, although I have enjoyed the likes of 'Secret Window', 'Along Came a Spider', and 'Kiss the Girls' - scary, but o.k scary; a 'cuddle up to a boyfriend nicely and be deliciously scared' kind of scary. What I can't take (and will never watch) are likes of 'Psycho', 'The Excorist', and 'Silence of the Lambs' - a 'freak you out so you can't sleep without the lights on for three months and darkness or aloneness of any sort will give you heart palpatations' scary. 'Saw' fits into this latter category. It really messes with your mind - the thought of being abducted by a psycho and be subject to their twistedness and depravity...**shiver**

No comments: